Tokenization with User-Managed Encryption
Store your already encrypted data
This is designed for companies already using their own encryption but want to use off site data storage. A merchant encrypts the credit card number and sends the encrypted information to the AuricVault® service utilizing the AuricVault® application programming interface (API). A token is returned to the merchant from the AuricVault® service.
The merchant can take additional action on the tokenized credit card, utilizing the AuricVault® API. The merchant decrypts the card and takes the necessary action with the credit card.
The AuricVault® tokenization and storage service offers implementation flexibility. Direct connectivity allows both modern servers and legacy systems to integrate with the AuricVault® service. The integration method is a simple HTTPS POST call using JSON-RPC. Almost any programming language from the last 15 years can easily integrate with the service. Vault-Managed encryption performs all encryption/decryption and key management tasks within the AuricVault® service.
Vault-managed encryption implementation options
- Integration Method
- Retention Policy
- Permission Policy
Vault-managed encryption – API calls
Benefits and Features
- AuricVault® service API
- Flexible web-service interface
- Credit card account numbers separated from personally identifiable information (Protecting card holder data)
- Staging Sandbox
- Automatic disposal of unused tokens
- Simple integration into existing business process
- PCI compliant off-site data storage
- Popular with
- Merchants Reducing PCI Exposure
- Call Centers
- Mobile Application Developers
- PCI Compliant Organizations